Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Facebook has taken over!

My long neglected Blogger friends...forgive me. Facebook took me captive, but Larry helped me break loose with some cruel security settings that prevent me from sharing my every breath with the world.   I was beginning to lose my enthusiasm for the insanity of it all anyway.  While being obveously fun, entertaining, and hyper-relational, there are better ways to spend hours of your day.   I could have been doing enlightening, inspiring, cultural things like...mopping, cleaning toilets, and scrubbing my oven.


Also, if you are not careful, your past can now find you and come back to haunt you. Oh sure, it's a hoot to see how all your old friends have filled out and matured, but now they can also find my photos and laugh to their hearts content at my demise.


Facebook is the new "partyline". I remember catching pieces of conversations between distant acquaintances as I would check the line to see if it was free. Sometimes they would say, "Wait, someone just picked up. Hey there, who is it? We'll be done in just a minute!" If you were feeling friendly, you could chime in and join the conversation...or quietly hang up. It was the facebook of the 50's.


I do love the albums of grandchildren. Facebook is a public slide show of cutie pie babies, and I am the cheif sinner.    Well, I will spare you the photos today, but as I return to my blogging self...watch out.  Molly is the apple of my eye, and I will not be able to resist showing her off.    


No comments: